Many organizations are interested to understand employee behavior and what types of devices are entering their offices and campuses. Large organizations with sensitive data want to know the movements of devices in their environment in order to get a holistic view of all the activity in the radio frequency spectrum within their combined premises.
Currently organizations do not have an all-inclusive view into the wireless devices and traffic in their corporate office environments. In order to protect from the emerging threats associated with the wireless spectrum, campuses must first recognize the devices and protocols in their airspace.
Understanding employees’ patterns and their associated devices gives a view into the insider threat scenario. Rogue devices, data exfiltration, misconfigured equipment, personnel accountability, and insider threats are all possible via nefarious devices. Additionally, this data helps the corporate real estate department understand traffic flows and workplace productivity to help with future real estate planning.
Facility/Campus Headquarters Security Vulnerabilities include:
- Unauthorized devices
- Individuals in unauthorized areas
- Wireless threat surface associated with the devices in the RF spectrum
- Improperly configured devices which can leave an open gateway for attackers to eavesdrop on activities and other nefarious activities
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A FACILITY RADIO SECURITY SOLUTION
An office facility radio security solution needs to:
- Provide visibility into the wireless networks, traffic, and devices operating in your environment,
- Inform you of the attack surface for each of these devices,
- Alert on active wireless attacks on those devices through your existing SIEM systems, and
- Suggest best practices for minimizing the attack surface and mitigating an attack in action.
Specifically, a solution must:
- Detect all devices operating in the wireless spectrum, to include but not limited to, Wi-Fi, cellular, Bluetooth, and the hundreds of other protocols in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Provide awareness into any wireless threats including active attacks, rogue networks, and misconfigured devices
- Track the movement of devices, which include radios, to augment existing security measures
- Show the movements of devices to help enforce access policies
- Enforce company BYOD/IoT policy
- Detect unauthorized access
- Detect data exfiltration through wireless devices
- Allow the physical security to quickly detect and localize any malicious devices
- Include geofencing capabilities to understand and protect areas with sensitive data
- Detect vulnerable devices being installed
- Detect rogue cell towers which can send signals into your facility
What kind of organizations need this solution?
- Fortune 2000, financial services, technology and other companies that manage their own data centers